The NBN provides a number of tips that help you make informed decisions about your office/business connection, so you can have the best possible internet set-up in your home and optimise services such at wifi.
View more on the NBN website here
Here is one tip for example on Wi-Fi:
Check for objects that can interfere with your Wi-Fi signal
The objects around your modem can absorb and reflect Wi-Fi signals and this varies greatly depending on the type of material.
Try to avoid placing your modem behind:
- Solid walls made from brick or cement.
- Televisions, fridges, microwaves, cordless phones and large electrical household appliances.
- Metal panels, mirrors, cupboards, shelves and water.
For your best chance at a stronger signal, follow these general tips:
- The closer you are to your modem, the better your signal is likely to be.
- If possible, position your modem in a raised and central area (never on the floor).
- Aim to have line-of-sight with your modem.
If you are having general NBN connection issues please read this article on NBN Connection Troubleshooting